LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2010 error during exe build active x control

During the build of an exe of a labview vi, I get the following crash ( see attached jpeg). It has something to do with the activex control that is used in the vi. The activex control is registered with windows and functions properly. Any ideas?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,397 Views)

Hi,

I opened your VI to try to reproduce this on my end, but the DLL wasn't included, so I couldn't accurately replicate this error.  I'm not sure if this DLL is something that you'd be able to include or not, but it'd be nice to see the same thing on our end.  If not, I understand as that might be proprietary information.

You mentioned that the ActiveX control functions properly. Does that mean that this VI runs fine on its own without being in a project?

Do you have any other VIs that are calling this DLL to see if you have any problems with the DLL call while building an executable with a different VI that calls this?  If that builds fine, then it looks like it's something specifically in this VI that's causing this error like you mentioned. 

Also, what version of Windows are you running this on?

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,374 Views)

The VI does functions properly outside of the project.

I have no other callers of the activex control. I am running XP

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,356 Views)

tried posting the activex control it wont let me.....fyi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,355 Views)

Here's a Knowledge Base article that walks through a few things that you could try to prevent these Access Violation Errors.

Could you try building this executable on a different computer to see if it's related to that specific machine or installation of LabVIEW?  If you find that it does work, it would be a good idea to do a reinstall of LabVIEW on the computer throwing this error.

When you said that you couldn't post the ActiveX control DLL, would the forum not let you post this?  If that's the case, you can put your files into a .zip file and include an obvious filename (example: TCAS Error.zip ). Then upload the file to our FTP site at:  ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming and we can take a look at it that way.

I find the windows ftp the easiest ftp client to use.  Just open windows explorer by pressing windows key+e then type the address into the bar at the top.  Then just drag and drop your files in to the window.

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,342 Views)