cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2017 installation problems - stuck on 1%

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Wondering if anyone else has had the problem of the labview 2017 install getting stuck at 1%?

over 2 hours... and the 'cancel' button is flashing when the install window has focus.

Installing:

* 32 bit version of Labview 2017

* Windows 8 machine

*  32 bit environment

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,119 Views)

There have been numerous reports of installation issues with LabVIEW 2017, particularly on Windows 10 (including one from me that I'm still working through with NI Engineering).  It was on a shortened Release Cycle (it was released in May instead of August), and it includes a lot of "new ideas" that may not quite be ready for Prime Time ...

My recommendation would be to do as thorough an uninstall of it as you can (and this may also be troublesome) and stick with LabVIEW 2016 until Service Patch 1 is released ...  I certainly do not plan to install it until I get the "Green Light" from LabVIEW R&D.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- an alternative that did work for me is to install LabVIEW 2017 (32-bit)  on Windows 7 (64-bit).  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,099 Views)

Hi Raja_Vi

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the installation. I have a couple of questions I'm hoping will narrow down the cause of this issue...

Were you installing from a web source or disc/usb media? You can access the latest version of the software at the download page: LabVIEW 2017 32-bit  so I'd recommend giving this a go.

Could you be a little more exact on the OS? As per the Readme LabVIEW 2017 supports Windows 10/8.1/7 SP1/Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Could you ensure it is Window 8.1 installed on the machine you're installing on?

It's also worth mentioning NI software installs VC2015 Runtime and .NET 4.6.2. Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 require Microsoft updates to support these items. Refer to Microsoft KB2919442 and KB2919355 for more information about how to install these updates.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards, 

Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,014 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raja_Vi

Managed to fix the issue - Thanks for all your help.

It was on a windows 7 SP1 machine - not Win 8.

The uninstall option was also throwing errors so here is what I did.

* Restart PC

* Uninstall 'Nation instruments software'

* Delete any remaining NI/Labview software folders in program files (manually)

* run 'reg-edit' and remove any entries for 'NationalInstruments'

* remove any entries for 'Labview'

* Reinstall labview ( This time selecting labview ONLY ) all other options disabled.

* Then re-install options (licence manager etc)

* Restart

Now all working.  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,007 Views)