LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview External library Call

Hello,

I am using CAN board provided by ESD which supports LabVIEW 6. I am able to communicate with the board using the Call Library Function in LabView using ntcan.dll.  I have also purchased canopen library from ESD itself. Now I want is to use those canopen functions of ESD in LabView. I got .lib files and header files for CANopen. So how can I include these additional lib files or header files, or Is there any other solution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,579 Views)

For every function in the DLL that you want to call, you'll have to use a CALL LIBRARY FUNCTION node.

I would suggest a single VI (containing a single CLF) for each function, but I suppose there are other ways.

Anyway, configure the CLF to refer to the DLL and pass the arguments back and forth.  You'll use the header files to match arguments.

Get plenty of coffee. 

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,575 Views)

lib files and header file are for text based languages, such as C, C++, & C#.

You should have a dll file come with lib files.  Usually with the same file name, only the extension is dll, instead of lib.

Use LabVIEW Call Library Function to call the functions in the dll.  You can find  the parameters for the function in the header file.

LabVIEW Call Library Function doesn't support complicated data structures (such as cluster of pointer to another cluster) and call back functions.

In this case, you have to use C/C++ to create a wrapper dll.

George Zou

http://www.geocities.com/gzou999/

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,561 Views)