LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview executable not working after PC upgrade from XP to Windows 7

Hello all,

Everything was running fine on the old PC (LBRTE 8.6.1 and NIDAQmx 9.02). After an issue with the PC the team decided to move everything to a new PC with Windows 7 installed. Once again the same run-time engine and NIDAQmx were installed. The Labview executable file open normally but the IOs and Temperatures are not OK. I did check the digital and analog data on NI MAX an everything is OK and I can even control the system. The issue then is with the Labview which is not receiving any information. 

Is this something you can help me with and tell me what could be the reason causing this issue?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(791 Views)

How does your code know which device to pull data from?  Do you select the device in the EXE or is it looking for a device with a specific name?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(787 Views)

A couple of red flags:

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(753 Views)

Did you do an export of NI-MAX configuration on the old system and import it on the new system to make sure everything copied over correctly?

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YHceCAG&l=en-US

(the link shows examples for newer versions, but the idea is the same)

If not, do you still have the old system to try?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(738 Views)

Hi Galli,

@Galli123 wrote:

After an issue with the PC the team decided to move everything to a new PC with Windows 7 installed.

So you replaced an outdated computer (WinXP) with a new, but also outdated computer (Win7)?

Seems the way to go nowadays… 😉

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(692 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Galli,

@Galli123 wrote:

After an issue with the PC the team decided to move everything to a new PC with Windows 7 installed.

So you replaced an outdated computer (WinXP) with a new, but also outdated computer (Win7)?

I just updated an old Win7 computer to Win10 and now I have almost a full year of support!  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(686 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Galli,

@Galli123 wrote:

To be honest, if I was going to upgrade to a new computer with an outdated OS, Win7 would be my choice as well. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(663 Views)

Hi aputman,

Thanks for your comment. It was indeed a task with a wrong name on NI MAX (it was supposed to be a task name NI9217_task but it was NI9217 only). I did adjust and all my analog inputs are working fine.

What is now strange are the DIOs from the NI9403. It looks that all IOs are inverted. I've 30 inputs which check whether a contact relay is open or close and 2 outputs which control a heater (on/off) and a pneumatic valve (on/off). Now, if I turn on the pneumatic valve on Labview then the valve is turning off and vice versa. All inputs and outputs are like that, inverted.

When the vi was created, a couple of year ago, as you can see attached the virtual channels for the NI9403 is done in the Labview via the "Daqmx create virtual channel" and on that time was necessary to invert all the DIOs as you can also see on the attached vi picture. It was working fine like that till this pc upgrade.

As I mentioned, the executable is the same for years and it means nothing changed on that executable which can explain the Labview commands to be now inverted.

Capture_1.PNG

Any idea of what could be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(628 Views)

Hi,

No, unfortunately.

I had to add everything once again to the NI MAX. As I mentioned previously, the analog inputs are not working fine but Digital IO (all of them) are now inverted and I don't know why (explained on my previous message).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(616 Views)

A typo on my last message. It should be NOW instead of NOT

the analog inputs are NOW working fine but Digital IO (all of them) are now inverted and I don't know why (explained on my previous message).

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(591 Views)