LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview generated excel chart; Sizing issue

Hello all,

This morning I encountered an odd problem regarding an excel chart that I generate using LabVIEW.

The basic routine is as follows: collect data, export data to excel, create charts from data, resize charts to look pretty. 

I set the size of the charts (see attached) and those sizes remain the same no matter the measurement or location. On one particular PC the width point size appears to convert to inches differently than what is expected. The excel build versions are the same between computers (attached). Attached are screen shots of two charts, one showing the sizing issue, the other showing the correct sizing. Both are generated using the same routine and sizing.

I understand this may seem specifically an excel issue, but since I generate the report in labview i though id give posting my issue here a shot. I am currently researching excel forums for similar issues. Thank you for your time!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,262 Views)

Can you attach your LabVIEW code, please?

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,222 Views)

The part of code that sizes the charts? Attached is that portion.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,215 Views)

This does not exactly address your question, but it is my preference when creating an Excel graph with LabVIEW. I create and format the graphs in Excel and then save that file. Then in LabVIEW when I open a report I feed that sheet in as the template and simply write my data to whichever cells are being graphed. I find this a lot easier than trying to manipulate Excel through ActiveX.

Message 4 of 7
(2,190 Views)

Gregory,

Thank you for your response at least.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,167 Views)

I too have ran into a lot of issues with Excel.  I have seen that if I have setting on one computer, I have to go to the new computer and make sure the Excel settings are the same (not just move the file that you are saving too because Excel holds the settings on the computer and not the file).  I didn't see anything in particular about the LabVIEW code to give you any insight on that but do know that just because the setting is set in LabVIEW does not mean it will transfer to Excel as expected.  I go through all the settings, including advanced ones and make sure the 2 computers are identical.  Let us know if you do find a solution, I can always use any extra advice when it comes to LabVIEW and Excel use together.

-ncm
Message 6 of 7
(2,158 Views)

ncm,

That is a fair point, I definitely haven't exhausted all the options under advanced settings etc. I usually have a handful of settings i check under activex and macro settings. Thank you for the suggestion. I will be sure to post when/if I find a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,146 Views)