cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview runtime engine - figuring out what is needed to run

Solved!
Go to solution

dasilvdy@ucmail.uc.edu wrote:

That joke about excel solved a 3-month long issue... 

I use on my computer day-month-year, when I changed to month-day-year it worked! I can't believe it was something so DUMB

I would NEVER expect that to be the problem.

My first guess when reading the initial post was actually a mismatch of decimal point setting, but both screen shots where showing a comma as decimal separator, which while it would be strange for an US regional setting, which I assumed you were from your email in your username, but still consistent on both machines.

My guess is however that not Excel is in fact the culprit here, as it uses correctly whatever date format your system configures, but the LabVIEW program, where your professor most likely used an explicit date format string rather than the format code to use the date format according to the platform configuration.

If interfacing with Excel and other Office application, it is important to observe and use the system configuration settings rather than trying to enforce a specific format.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(163 Views)

@NIquist wrote:

Yeah, it's crazy how EVERYONE else in the world thinks that dates should be expressed in a logical day, month, year format.  Here in the good 'Ol USA we know better!  🙃

Don't get me started on the "proper" date format! Triggers me *every* time. ( mumbles under his breath about ISO 8601 )

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Message 12 of 14
(125 Views)

@Frozen wrote:

@NIquist wrote:

Yeah, it's crazy how EVERYONE else in the world thinks that dates should be expressed in a logical day, month, year format.  Here in the good 'Ol USA we know better!  🙃

Don't get me started on the "proper" date format! Triggers me *every* time. ( mumbles under his breath about ISO 8601 )

Yeah, why would you write a number with Most Significant Digit/number first. 😄 It's not like it's standard in all other measures of life (unless you're an elf)

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(86 Views)

Actually, for data folders and files, I almost always go with MSD first to help Windows file explorer sorts.  YYYY-mm-dd_HHMMSS is a pretty typical prefix.

Native folder and file timestamps can get out of order after the fact if post-processing adds files to a folder or (less commonly) appends results to a file.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 14 of 14
(74 Views)