Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linx on Raspi uses UTC

Solved!
Go to solution

@billko wrote:

I meant "time zone settings".

That's in true Linux manner unfortunately a very flakey way to try to do. Where and how theses settings are stored can depend on many variables, such as Linux version, distribution and other such things. And it is stored in a configuration file that can change based on user configuration values. chroot isolates the guest OS as much as possible from the host OS and only allows very specific access to the host OS. That's the whole idea of chroot, to create a jail-root in which you can run a guest OS and that guest OS has only very restricted access to specific guest OS resources.

You can configure the chroot setup to grant access to specific files and subdirectories but for that you need to know where these resources are and considering that the way these settings are stored can be reconfigured by a user, this is a very flaky path to follow.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(303 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

@billko wrote:

I meant "time zone settings".

That's in true Linux manner unfortunately a very flakey way to try to do. Where and how theses settings are stored can depend on many variables, such as Linux version, distribution and other such things. And it is stored in a configuration file that can change based on user configuration values. chroot isolates the guest OS as much as possible from the host OS and only allows very specific access to the host OS. That's the whole idea of chroot, to create a jail-root in which you can run a guest OS and that guest OS has only very restricted access to specific guest OS resources.

You can configure the chroot setup to grant access to specific files and subdirectories but for that you need to know where these resources are and considering that the way these settings are stored can be reconfigured by a user, this is a very flaky path to follow.

Thank you for the explanation.  I appreciate your patience.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(299 Views)

Hey, LabView community! I need some help running my LabVIEW VI on my Raspberry Pi. I've heard about using LINX to do this, but I'm not familiar with how to use it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide some guidance? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(232 Views)

I believe that for Community Edition, it is the Hobbyist Toolkit, and for any other flavor of LabVIEW it is LINX (which really are exactly the same thing, one is just rebranded (and updated)).

I know that doesn't anwer your question but it was important to get that straightened out right away before you installed the wrong one and maybe completely hose your LabVIEW installation.  (Hobbyist Toolkit should automatically install with Community Edition since it is a part of the package.)

Also, start your own topic.  This one isn't related to your question and it has already been answered.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(230 Views)

Unfortunately that is bad advice. For the Community Edition you do NOT need to install anything as it comes preinstalled with the Hobbyist Toolkit. For LabVIEW Development you need the Linx Toolkit from the VIPM only if is LabVIEW 2019 or earlier. Otherwise you need to install the Hobbyist Toolkit or it will not work!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(218 Views)