LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listbox file explorer

I am trying to use a multicolumn listbox (Figure 1) as a file explorer. I had a look at the ListBox as File Explorer Demo example. I have a directory of files (XML & .txt) (Figure 2) what I need to do is take the ID of the .txt file which matches the ID of the XML file insert that into the ID of the listbox then take the start time, end time and metres inspected from the .txt file (Figure 3) and insert them into the listbox under their headers. The listbox is controlled as a double click event but the doubled clicked row needs to open the XML file of the matching ID of the .txt file

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not lost my mind, it's backed up on a disk somewhere
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,886 Views)

Your requirement is pretty clear, what is the problem you are facing. If you are stuck up somewhere please show where you are.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,878 Views)

My issue is removing the elements from the .txt file into the listbox with the ID and then loading the corresponding XML file 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,874 Views)

Just list all the .txt files from the directory and check the name of each file and build the xml file with the same name and check whether the file exist or not. Is yes, Then read the .txt file (It seems to be a Tab delimited file) by using the spreadsheet read vi and update the time data along with the path converted as a string store it in an array/cluster. In the main VI populate the data on the table and depending on the row double clicked load the XML file. By the way what do you mean by Loading XML file? You want to display the contents on the FP?

-----

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,864 Views)

By loading the XML file I mean using it as a file path control the elements in the listbox are just a GUI representation of the XML file for easier reading

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,861 Views)

Ok. Please give a try and come back if you stuckup somewhere

-----

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,859 Views)