From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listbox set to NOT editable cells; EditRow property seems to override

Hi All,

I have several listboxes that I programmatically set to Editable Cells or not, depending on the runtime status. When I have it turned OFF, I do not want the user to be able to edit the text values in the cells.

However, I have a RTM for the listbox with an "Edit" option. That menu item sets the EditRow property (after setting Key Focus) to the selected row. This makes the text editable, even if I have it turned OFF!!

This is not the behaviour I expected. Is this a bug?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,294 Views)

Could you provide the code that you are seeing this occur in? Its almost impossible to see if this is a bug without some example. The simpler the example the better.

It is possible that it is a bug, but it's also possible that you are setting the cell to edit mode after you set it to lock. I am wondering why you are doing that? Its most likely that you want to edit some cells but keep others locked from editing, and I do not think that is a bug, however, it might be a good product suggestion to keep certain cells permanently locked from the user, which is probably not the case with the lock function you are using (which most likely can be over ridden by other property nodes).

Regards,

Andrew

National Instruments
RIO Embedded Hardware PSE

CompactRIO Developers Guide
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,264 Views)