LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked VIs in LabView project - try to unlock

I can't edit either the front diagram or the block diagram. The protection by category settings is not available in the VI settings: 

eszterszilagyibdcom_1-1698146101274.png

Also, other settings aren't available in the VI settings...

Is it possible to unlock this or not? I think the developer (supplier) deliberately blocked the editability... Can this be solved or not?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(749 Views)

Hi sziszkont,

mind to share that VI?

Is the block diagram still included in that VI?

What happens when you press Ctrl-M?

I just saved a VI with block diagram removed and get the same greyed-out "protection" dialog window. when the block diagram is removed then you cannot edit that VI anymore…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(744 Views)

I can't share the VI because the folder containing the source file doesn't contain the VI. If I open the project file, I can see all the VIs, I can see the front and block diagrams of each VI, but it is not possible to modify them. I also see this:

sziszkont_0-1698148145291.png

And the extension is: lvlibp. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(730 Views)

Hi sziszkont,

@sziszkont wrote:

And the extension is: lvlibp. 

You create a packed library (lvlibp) from regular libraries (lvlib): a packed library cannot be edited after creation.

Instead you need to edit VIs in those lvlib(s) and rebuild your lvlibp

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 7
(711 Views)

Never mind, It's in a ppl.

Spoiler

There's an option to lock VIs in LabVIEW if the VI is locked in Windows:

wiebeCARYA_0-1698162792751.png

There are lots of reasons why you can't change this setting. If it's in a library that is locked, you can right click the class\library and choose the option "why is this ... locked".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(662 Views)

Yes, I have packed library (lvlibp). This is how the supplier gave me the source file. I think that's why it can't be edited. So according to them, there is no option to edit it again? It's because only they can edit it and we ask them for all changes...

Only then is it not complete source code... even though they should have given the complete source file.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(617 Views)

@sziszkont wrote:

Yes, I have packed library (lvlibp). This is how the supplier gave me the source file. I think that's why it can't be edited. So according to them, there is no option to edit it again? It's because only they can edit it and we ask them for all changes...

Only then is it not complete source code... even though they should have given the complete source file.

A Packed Project Library (PPL) is a LabVIEW equivalent to a DLL (not exactly, but that is the closest equivalent).  It is compiled; it does not have any source in it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(612 Views)