LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX shows PXI card when booted into Windows but not in Hypervisor mode

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello again all you helpful forum-goers!

I'm having some difficulties with a Hypervisor system seeing the two Pickering 6 channel programmable resistor cards that are loaded into the PXI chassis.  When I boot into Windows mode, MAX sees them under the My System just fine.  When I then run the Hypervisor configuration software, I see them both listed, and have them assigned to the Real-Time OS.  However, when I then boot into Hypervisor mode, MAX does not see them under the Remote Systems -> Hypervisor Target -> Chassis (or anywhere else), and the drivers report not seeing any modules either when I debug my code running on the real-time system.

Does anyone have any idea what setting or configuration I might have incorrect?  Is there any other information I can provide that would be relevant or useful to answer this question?  I'm not the main hardware guy, he just got married and so isn't available, so I'm out of my comfort zone.  😉  I write the software that runs on the system, though, so I'm not completely clueless.  I know we just replaced the controller in the main chassis with a faster one (unfortunately I don't have the number on hand, the simulator is down in the lab), but I also know we are using that same controller and Pickering card on a different simulator and it is working just fine.

Any ideas?  I very much appreciate your time!

-Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,338 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmorris

Nevermind, the answer turned out to be that I did not have the drivers fully installed on the real-time system.  Apparently that caused it to not recognize the cards.  I never did figure out / remember exactly how to install the Pickering drivers on the real-time side, but fortunately I was able to just copy all the files that had "Pickering" in their name from the C:\ni-rt\system folder of the real-time file directory from another simulator to this one.  😉

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,316 Views)

Hi

I have a NI PXIe - 8135, we run both "Windows 7 64bit" and "LabVIEW Real-Time" operating systems on PXI.

I want to run both operating systems simultaneously on PXI. So in NI tutorial found that NI Real-Time Hypervisor for Windows software enables to run simultaneously (http://www.ni.com/tutorial/11801/en/ )

In this link in section "1. Factory Preinstallation" said this software is preinstalled, but I can't find in this path [ Start >> Program Files >> National Instruments>NI Real-Time Hypervisor Manager]

Then I decided to install it and found that  NI Real-Time Hypervisor 3.0 for Window software supports Windows 7

but I can't found Hypervisor patch version 3.0 (http://www.ni.com/en-rs/support/downloads/software-products/download.hypervisor.html )

Please help me how to run "windows 7" and "LabVIEW Real-Time" simultaneously on PXI?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,878 Views)