LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC USB-2408 Differential Mode Voltage In

I have a MC USB-2408; the issue I'm having is trying to read the channels in differential mode.  I know that I have to configure the A/D to be Differential (as opposed to Single-Ended via InstaCal), which I've done... but I'm not sure how to set up the LabVIEW code...  I have an external Power Supply that tuns on at 2.5V for two seconds, and then shuts off, and then I'm supposed to take a voltage reading (should be zero, but due to some residual cap/mosfet effects, will be greater than zero).... I have this working fine in Single-Ended Mode.  Similarly, just before the power supply turns back on (after about 5 seconds or so) I'm to take another voltage reading.  Again, I have this working fine for Single-Ended Mode, but ideally need this working for Differential Mode.  I cannot find any examples to assist with this.  Is there anyone able to point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(652 Views)

First of all, the Product is an MCC USB-2408.  You can go to MCC's site to see that there are "procedures" to get LabVIEW to recognize their "Universal Library" and get it to work with LabVIEW.  You don't configure it with MAX, but with their proprietary software.  Have you tried following the Examples and Help that MCC has on their Web site?  Have you considered using an NI USB device instead?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(599 Views)

(1) Correct.  Call it a type-o.  Should be corrected, now.

(2) Have tried.  Are only CS and VB.  The only LV ones I could find are for SE-mode, not Differential.

(3) Yes.

(4) If I have to.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(568 Views)

Wrong place to post the question. Please post at Measurement Computing (MCC) - Digilent Forum instead.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(560 Views)

Have also posted in the Digilent Forums.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(557 Views)