LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Office Report (Report Generation toolkit) is not executable, Xnode broken?

Hi, I am trying to generate an excel report, and I figured it would be easier to use the MS Office report VI, but I am getting the broken arrow saying the SubVI is not executable and that the library that defines the xnode is broken... here is a screensot attached, I already uninstall and reinstall the report generation toolkit and still the same... this is what I found on NI: "This error occurs when the library that defines the XNode you used is broken. To correct this error, reconfigure the XNode." but no idea how to reconfigure xnode

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,917 Views)
  • What version of LabVIEW are you using?
  • What is the nature of your Report?  What should it look like?  What kind of data should it contain?
  • Can you show us some code that you've tried to use?  If so, include the code as either a Snippet or as a VI attachment (so we can plug it into our own LabVIEW installations and experiment with it).

I generally find that the Report Generation Toolkit is a very easy way to generate Excel Workbooks.  I work primarily with LabVIEW 2012 and LabVIEW 2014.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,883 Views)

Hi Bob

LabVIEW 2014 Professional Development

The report is about Passive intermodulation testing so it is just a simple table with numbers, and I did not get to write any code to the Express VI since I couldn't get the error to go away and I am sure it was not because of unwired inputs/terminals.

But I figured the error came up just with the MS Office Report Express VI so I used the other Excel VIs to generate the report easily

Still, thanks for your reply! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,877 Views)

Right -- you don't know BS's First Rule of LabVIEW Programming -- Never Use Express VIs!  The reason for this Rule is that most of the time, they "hide" important details from the programmer, and don't really help for anything other than the most simple straight-forward program.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,873 Views)

Yes, this is the last part of the application I am developing so I just wanted to insert a template, assign named cell ranges to data/arrays and be done with it... but now that I got to use the toolkit and get a little bit more involved in the generation of the report, I believe you're right, the Report Generation Toolkit is really easy to use

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,868 Views)

One of the "secrets" that NI doesn't advertise widely is that the RGT can be used to readwrite, and modify existing Excel files.  The "template" input is really nothing more than "Open for Reading".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,861 Views)

Cool, great to know, thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,857 Views)