LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make elements inside a cluster (in)visible by a SubVI (of LVOOP?)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to know how it is possible to make elements inside a cluster invisible, by using a SubVI of LVOOP.

The description is in the Main program, the inner working is explained in the SubVI.

Its to give a bigger program a better overview. But I don't know how to do it.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,404 Views)

I can not acces your VIs so my help will be limited to a guess (post IMAGES and that may change).

You can create a references to the parts you want to hide-show by going to the FP and right-clicking the PART of the cluster you want to control and select "create reference" or "create property node" and set same for visable.

This Nugget discuss navigating through a cluster using control refs so you also may want to look that over.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,401 Views)

Are they always going to be hidden? If so then you could change the cluster to not autosize and you could just make it smaller than the controls that you want to hide.

Ben's way is a little more elegant.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,396 Views)

Main VI.jpg

SubVI.jpg

I hope you can understand it like I show it here.

I just want to make something in the main VI that can make booleans visible and invisible in some different states.

I tried with a LVOOP, but I am not familiar with the concept, so I don't know how to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,372 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stef_vl

Create a references instead of a property node.

Pass that reference to your sub-VI and use property nodes to aft on the reference the sub-VI was passed by the top level VI.

You may want to review the images I have in my "GUI_Controller" Albumn found here. If you click on any of those images, it will take you to a page with a larger image that includes a link to the thread where I originally discussed those images as part of the GUI_Controller design pattern (a form of Action Engine).

This is apreview of what you will find in that Albumn.

If you get stuff post some more pictures (thank you!) so we can take a peak.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 5
(2,355 Views)