From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual copy of Realtime Engine files LV8.20

Hi,

Since most users of my written program are users with "restricted right" acounts under Windows XP I copied the Runtime engine files of LV7.11 manualy by copying the
"Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\7.1" files to the harddisk and run a build executable from that directory. Since this application looks in its own directory for support-files this worked fine for LV7.1.

Last week I converted my program to the LV8.2 version. When I tried to copy the RTE8.2 file in the same way as I did before, the program would start-up. It asks for a NIINI32.DLL file. When I include this file it does not return any errors, but the program doesn't start. Can anyone tell me whether their is a different way to run a exe-file build by LV-application builder by copying files manual in stead of running the RTE-installer?

Thanks in advance,

Joost
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,194 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,152 Views)