LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring flow rate on LabView using a AW-Lake EDGE Flow sensor

Hello All, 

I want to measure flow rate of our oil going though our motors set up on dyno stands in the lab. 

We have a Gear/PD flow meter with a AW-Lake Flow sensor pictured below. The output signal is 4-20mA that will be attached to the analogue input DAQ module ICP Con PET-7018Z or our I use our ICP Con ET-705 (not sure which to use). They connect via ethernet to computer but I think I could also do Modbus, not sure which would be easier? I am trying to figure out how get this DAQ into tabview? Then I want to convert the mA output to flow that can be displayed on a monitor using Labview. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(646 Views)

Hi Deerepete,

@Deerepete wrote:

We have a Gear/PD flow meter with a AW-Lake Flow sensor pictured below. The output signal is 4-20mA that will be attached to the analogue input DAQ module ICP Con PET-7018Z or our I use our ICP Con ET-705 (not sure which to use). They connect via ethernet to computer but I think I could also do Modbus, not sure which would be easier? I am trying to figure out how get this DAQ into tabview? Then I want to convert the mA output to flow that can be displayed on a monitor using Labview. 

Read the manual for your DAQ devices to learn the options they offer.

Then look for suitable drivers, either dedicated for your devices or (when they offer Modbus/TCP) one of those Modbus implementations available in VIPM.

Then it's just a matter of connect DAQ and your computer correctly…

The conversion from mA value to flow is (aka "should be") given in the manual of your flow sensor, so again: read the manual!

Btw. that sensor seems to provide a standard voltage signal, too…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(618 Views)

Hi GerdW

can we use same DAQ Vi in LabVIEW as we use for NI DAQ as it is different ?

if we can use same DAQ then i think it can be done.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(533 Views)

Hi Asif,

@Asif138 wrote:

can we use same DAQ Vi in LabVIEW as we use for NI DAQ as it is different ?

NI-DAQmx does not support such Ethernet-based DAq devices of 3rd-party providers…

@Asif138 wrote:

if we can use same DAQ then i think it can be done.

The OP is using "ICP CON" devices: are you using them too?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(525 Views)

I also need for this. i searched for its driver but did not find.

i hope the best way to use Modbus.

Thanks

asif 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(513 Views)