LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing ULx_lv.dll file

Hello! Recently I was trying to run a labVIEW executable, but it was unable to run due to the ULx_lv.dll file missing. I tried installing the universal library from the MCCDAQ installation file, but in order to do that I needed to install the labVIEW program, which I no longer have. Do you know why that dll file might be missing and where I can get it? Also, it was odd that the executable was looking for the dll file in the folder in which it was being compiled and not a general central location for the library. I wasn't sure if this might be any clue as to the problem. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,593 Views)

I don't believe you need the LabVIEW source code in order to install the mcc driver. Did you download the driver from the mcc site?

Message 2 of 6
(3,586 Views)

I did download the software from the website. However I couldn't install it because it needed labVIEW to be installed on the computer, but I don't actually have the labVIEW software

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,583 Views)

Sounds like you need to yell at the developer to include the dll in the installer.  I also find it strange it is looking in your project folder instead of a central location (system, system32, programs, etc).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 6
(3,580 Views)

Do you have the most up to date ULx drivers?

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,547 Views)

I was able to copy it from another computer that had the file installed, but I'm still not sure how you would be able to do it without having access to a computer without LabVIEW installed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,539 Views)