LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing subVI NI_AALBase.lvlib:Mean.vi

This is a duplicate post, but the other was a response to a 4 year old posting.  I have an application that was originally written in LV 8.x that I have just modified with LV2009.  I am now getting the same error reported in this thread, that being "Missing subVI NI_AALBase.lvlib:Mean.vi".  In the Additional Exclusions section of the Build Specification I unchecked "Remove unused members of project libraries" and "Remove unused polymorphic VI instances", but I am still getting the error.  I am not doing anything fancy, I just have a project that has 3 VIs that use Mean.vi.  It worked fine in LV8.x, but not after building with LV2009.  I even tried replacing each instance with mean.vi, to no avail.  Has NI found the root cause of this error?

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,510 Views)

I'm not sure why it cannot find the Mean.vi but you can often workaround this by explicitly including the un-found VI in the build.  From the build properties dialog you can add the Mean.vi to the "always included" box.

You can find the library at: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\Analysis and may have to include the entire library.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,499 Views)

I found the computer that was originally used for the development of this test and made my changes to the original code.  It works OK, but I'd really like to find actual the problem so that I can use my normal development computer for future changes without having to do workarounds like that.  If I get a chance I'll give that a try just to see if it would work.  Thanks.

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,491 Views)