ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying the Labview window

I've barely ever used Labview before, so I'm coming at it from a newbie perspective, so be gentle. Smiley Happy

I currently write data acquisition programs in Visual Basic or C++, so I am used to making the window look exactly the way I want for subject feedback studies.  Is it possible to make the Labivew output window look exactly the way I want?  This would mean I would only want a graph of a single channel on the window, without buttons, menus, etc to clutter the display up.  I would control the program either through the keyboard or by a context menu.

Also, does Labview have profiling features?  So if I want to time how long a certain VI takes to run, is this possible?

Thanks

[Tim]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,216 Views)

Hello,

In your VI, you should go to File > VI Properties... > Category "Window Appearence" > Customize...

...and then you can try to check/uncheck many options and see the result ! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,208 Views)

tben60 wrote:

I currently write data acquisition programs in Visual Basic or C++, so I am used to making the window look exactly the way I want for subject feedback studies.  Is it possible to make the Labivew output window look exactly the way I want?  This would mean I would only want a graph of a single channel on the window, without buttons, menus, etc to clutter the display up.  I would control the program either through the keyboard or by a context menu.

Absolutely.  Look at the Event Structure.  You can create an event case to handle the pressing of a keyboard key or the activation of a context menu.  I would also recommend making an event case for VI Front Panel Close to you can perform some cleanup and close you application.

tben60 wrote:Also, does Labview have profiling features?  So if I want to time how long a certain VI takes to run, is this possible?

Check out the Tools Menu.  There is a Profile submenu.

tben60 wrote:

Thanks

[Tim]

You have a GREAT name. Smiley Wink

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,206 Views)