LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor thermocouples separately using one DAQ

Hello!

So currently I am working on a temperature control program that monitors 4 thermocouples. Basically, when thermocouple 1(used to measure heater temperature) reaches 100 degree(threshold temp1), the power source for the heater will switch off. However, when the mean temperature of thermocouple 2 and 3(used to measure water) drops below 60(threshold temp2), the heater will on again. How do I differentiate it on labview? How do I tell the system which DAQ channel(connected to respective thermocouples) I want to do my temperature comparision with the threshold temperature?

Thank you for you help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,423 Views)

Somewhat depends on your setup, but give Index Array a try.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,417 Views)

If you have written some code, show us, it will help us see your intended structure.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,385 Views)

Hey! Thank you guys for the replies! Alright! here is my current VI!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,349 Views)

hmm hi @crossrulz thanks for the suggestion but how do I go about using Index Array in this case?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,345 Views)

Start by reading 4 channels from your DAQ.  I am not familiar with ULx, so you might want to go look through some examples from Measurement Computing on how you add more channels to your acquisition task.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,327 Views)