LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse position in picture control - LV8.2 - need a sanity check

Hi Folks:

Can someone please run this VI and tell me why the mouse position records as 0,0 no matter where one moves the mouse in the picture control?

Thanks,

Don
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,987 Views)
Don't waste your time - It looks like it is a corrupted (unresponsive) picture control for some reason - I put another one on there and it worked fine.....thanks anyhow, Don

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,976 Views)

The context help for that picture control is populated with a bunch of complicated math-sounding stuff.  As such, it looks like this picture control was created from some source other than just dropping the normal picture control off the palettes.  In that case, all bets are off...

-D

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,962 Views)

@Darren wrote:

The context help for that picture control is populated with a bunch of complicated math-sounding stuff.  As such, it looks like this picture control was created from some source other than just dropping the normal picture control off the palettes.  In that case, all bets are off...

Doesn't that just mean that someone changed the description for the control? That doesn't sound like something which should corrupt it. Maybe this should be investigated to see what could have caused it...

(2,937 Views)

Your picture control has the zoom factor set to zero instead of 1. This is not a valid value. (according to the online help it is, but it doesn't explain what a value of zero actually means in practical terms 🐵

Thus the coordinates are always zero on the plot aread and -1 outside. Change the zoom factor to 1 and all's well. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,933 Views)
More specifically, do the following once, run the VI, then delete the zoom factor property again and save the VI. All better! 😄

(I wonder why the zoom factor property is not available from the property dialog. Maybe it should be? :))

Message Edited by altenbach on 09-22-2007 03:48 PM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,929 Views)
Maybe Don is just testing us? 😄
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,917 Views)
OK, I guess that means the control isn't corrupted and that there is no need to investigate. Smiley Happy

(2,916 Views)
something strikes me as odd: i dont remember having to set the zoom factor unless i wanted to change it. (have to check in my old vis tough). is it a new default?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,910 Views)

@Gabi1 wrote:

is it a new default?

No reason to think so. The zoom factor was probably set programmatically at some point to 0 (bad calculation?) and the code that did it was deleted or not copied over to the uploaded VI.

(2,907 Views)