LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple errors with DSC modules modbus master and slave

Hi,

I've searched quite a lot of posts but haven't found solution for my problem. I'm playing with LabVIEW DSC module and it's modbus master and slave functionalities. Even the LabVIEWs own modbus examples (Modbus Simulator and Fundamentals) seem to work randomly or not at all: When checking the Variable Manager utility Modbus Simulator (i.e. modbus slave/server) seems to deploy variables correctly with good quality but Modbus Fundamentals (i.e. modbus master/client) most often shows unknown value or bad quality for all the variables. When running the VIs I get 'Error -1950679035 Unable to locate variable in the Shared Variable Engine' and sometimes some other errors too. If the Modbus Simulator (slave/server) is expected to work fine I guess I should get two slaves communicating, but this isn't happening either. So maybe Modbus Simulator example isn't working either.

I've tried undeploying and deploying the libraries, stopping and starting the SVE, booting PC, reinstalling DSC module, and setting firewall and antivirus software off. This problem is going on with two different computers, both of which have recently installed LabVIEW 2011, first PC with Win XP and second PC with Win 7. No other OPC servers should be installed to these computers. And what is really interesting, the problem seems to have nothing to do with my network since Simulator and Fundamentals examples are not working even if the network cable is unplugged!

Any suggestions? Replies are highly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,271 Views)