LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple websites from executables

I am trying to use the LabView webserver to host static images of multiple VIs. The problem is each vi is run from a separate executable, and the webserver only seems to load the first one to run into memory. Calls to the others using dynamic pages or static links (i.e. the .snap call) return "vi not in memory" or "not found" errors. So if I have html pages for either each vi separately or all in one file, only the first .exe to be run will have its vi image show up.

Is there a way to force the other VIs to also be loaded into the server's memory, or a special way to reference them when they are running? I see that you can call multiple pages from subVIs, but I don't think that will help in this case since each VI is a part of a different labview project, and I don't want to merge them into a single executable.

Alternatively, is there a way to capture front panel images from running processes in Windows using LabView or some other application that could feed into a webserver? Thanks!

p.s. I am running them from executables for maximum computational efficiency and ease of restart - if there's a way to achieve the same things from within the development environment that would be ok.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,977 Views)

What do the addresses you're navigating to look like? If you want to serve images at static locations, check this out.

Verne D. // Software R&D // National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,948 Views)