cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My app works within the LabView IDE but doe not alone as .exe

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I'm using a camera line BASLER Ral-2048 80Km Camera link., Graber  Pcie 1427 base. Labview Pro 2018 + Vision Development module 2018.

The VI attached works OK if I launch it  from the IDE, but after compiled the exe file shows a black in my image display  and does no respond to external trigger pulses.

If anyone knows something about it I will appreciate any help.

Thanks

Jorge 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(1,466 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author George051

Try this.  When you build your exe, uncheck the box allowing running in later runtime versions.  

Message 2 of 12
(1,439 Views)

@drjdpowell wrote:

Try this.  When you build your exe, uncheck the box allowing running in later runtime versions.  

Wow, how did you make that jump?  😮 At this point, I only have half-formed theories.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(1,430 Views)

Thank You drjdpowell!   

I will try it 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(1,388 Views)

Vision development module.   Hmm...  last time I used that I know I needed a Vision Deployment License on the target.  Did you install one?  Does the exe run on the development machine?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(1,375 Views)

Thanks Jay,

May be you're right. I did not installed a Deployment License. Besides I didn't know that it would be necessary. And yes. the exe runs on the development machine. Another clue I found is that you can not see the image on the display but it is saved on HD anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(1,354 Views)

@George051 wrote:

Thanks Jay,

May be you're right. I did not installed a Deployment License. Besides I didn't know that it would be necessary. And yes. the exe runs on the development machine. Another clue I found is that you can not see the image on the display but it is saved on HD anyway.

Sounds like you need to buy a License.  Only $582.00 for 1 seat.  PN 778044-35 for the runtime only key.  But hey, it's perpetual!

Message 7 of 12
(1,334 Views)

I'm not sure Jay. I already bought the VDM, Besides I bought the NI frame grabber which comes with a Vision Acquisition Software License. In case you are talking about run time license I have it too but I guess that was for installer distribution what is no my case.

Tks,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,303 Views)

The installer built from a system licensed with a Vision Development key will only install the Vision Module dependencies on the target machine.  It does not activate the run time license for the Vision software on the target.

The Development license also encludes a run time license for the development machine.  These are not transferable to the targets.

The Vision Deployment license or Debug Deployment License are not free.  You only need 1 license per target regardless of how many applications you install on the machine.  Without an active run time key the application will not run on the target machine but will, of course, work perfectly on the development machine. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(1,296 Views)

Thanks Jay, perhaps I'm closer to understand how it works. The VDM blocks every image even when you just used Acquisition Software and the app is running over the same machine the IDE is installed? Nevertheless I have a Run Time License the vendor put into the package. As I never have to use it, I don't know how to install it, I suppose it cant be so difficult though. I'll start to search.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(1,253 Views)