ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRIO disconnects after 20 minutes

Hi all !

I am using MyRIO 1900. I connected the MyRIO with USB cable to PC. The MyRIO keeps disconnecting from my PC exactly after every 20 minutes even though I didn't run any code (Only established connection to project ).

Disconnected POPup.PNG

I have tried connecting to different ports and turning off the power saving settings but the issue persists.

Kindly reply me if there is any solution or kindly ask if you require any additional information regarding the issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(176 Views)

Please provide a few more details of how you are using the PC and myRIO.  Start with telling us which version of LabVIEW you are using (and is it 32-bit LabVIEW?), and which version of the myRIO Toolkit you are using.

When this "disconnect" occurs, are you doing LabVIEW development using the myRIO connected to your PC via the USB cable?  

Have you downloaded and run code on the myRIO?  Does your code ask the myRIO to restart itself?  [It sounds like this is what is happening -- when the myRIO restarts, it momentarily "turns off", restarts, then can re-establish connections with the Host PC.]

ob S

Are you developing a LabVIEW Project with this myRIO?  Can you attach your myRIO Project so we can see what you are doing?  [If the Project files all live in a single folder, right-click the Folder, "Send to:", "Compressed (zipped) folder".]

I assume you are using LabVIEW 2021, LabVIEW 2019, or a earlier version of LabVIEW.  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(143 Views)

Hi Bob_Schor.

Thanks for the reply!

Here are the details,

I have connected my PC and MyRIO using 3 meter usb cable that usually comes with the MyRIO package. My PC has windows 10 pro version. I using LabVIEW f2 2019 32 bit and 2019 MyRIO toolkit version. This disconnect happens while I was developing but even if I didn't develop also it disconnects. This disconnect happens in ideal state itself ( not running any code in MyRIO ), Hence I think it is not because of the code.

When this disconnect happens, if unplug my usb cable from PC and if I plug again, the MyRIO restarts and connects.

Similarly if I disable my usb and enables it in change adapter settings( I have attached image for reference), it restarts and connects again. 

I have also noticed that if configugre MyRIO in wireless and connected MyRIO with wifi in my PC, the MyRIO stays connected and it is not disconnecting even if I run my code for more than 4 hours

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(74 Views)

I'd double check all the power settings in Windows just to be sure.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(68 Views)

Specifically you may want to disable "USB selective suspend".

NI article on it:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7POSA0&l=en-US

It mentions a ton of USB DAQs but not specifically a RIO, but likely still applies.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(59 Views)