ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET DLL Upgrade issue

Hi everyone,

I use LabVIEW 2016 and I am dealing with a DLL problem. I use some .NET DLLs and Invoke Nodes to interface with IDS Industrial cameras. I would like to update the .NET DLLs to a newer version but as soon as I replace the older ones with the new ones, all VIs are broken. I can go to each VI and replace the Invoke Nodes and reselect the new DLL. However, that would be a lot of work since this is a big project. I use no constructor, since there is none available that I can use. I am pretty sure it must be a way to better handle this situation without having to change everything manually but I failed finding a solution for that online and also on this forum. 

Both DLLs, old an new, have the same name. I tried deleting the Object Cache, closing the project, replacing the DLLs, loading the project and performing a mass compile. Unfortunately that did not help. 

Is there any way to do that in a less painful way?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(157 Views)

I have seen that I can select each Invoke Node, Right-Click and Relink Invoke Node. But I still have to do that on each Invoke Node one by one... 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(126 Views)

Is your code in a project?

I have replaced .net libraries in the past with new versions.  When I loaded my VIs, I got a warning that the version number of the dll had changed and I was prompted to approve the update.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(101 Views)