LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET DLL location

Within the vi, a .NET DLL is used.  How do I verify what DLL is used and its location?  I want to make sure that I am using the correct DLL.  When I right-click on the .net reference and browse, I only get what is available within the DLL. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,132 Views)

Hi jyang72211,

How are you accessing the .NET DLL?  Are you creating a constructor node then choosing a .NET class?  If you have the name of the .NET class you're using, e.g. "Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DirectX.Direct3D.BaseTexture," then you can look up the DLL which contains it by searching for it on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ . I have attached a picture of where to locate the name of the DLL on the above website.

Best Regards,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
Message 2 of 8
(4,105 Views)

Yes, I am using a constructor node to access the DLL.  The DLL is made by someone else on the team.  We have to place that DLL in specified location.  I just want to know where that location is, since that DLL is at mulitple places.  The DLL is not a built in Microsoft DLL. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,095 Views)

Take a look Global Assembly Cache (GAC):

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lvconcepts/using__net_with_labview/

Check C:\Windows\assembly

and C:\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\assembly

See if you can find your dll.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,088 Views)

I'm wondering if you found a method of finding exactly to which dll file an existing constructor node points.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,035 Views)

If he found his dll in the GAC, how does he know that's actually the file that the constructor node is using?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,034 Views)

There is no way to extract the exact file your constructor is using unless you chose the DLL by browsing to it from a known location.  Is the main problem here conflicting versions of a DLL having a single name?

Regards,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,015 Views)

Yes. Unfortunately I have several versions of a dll from Agilent and for some reason I also have duplicates that reside in several locations on the C: drive. To make matters worse, I run common code (from a server) on several PCs, but the dll file is not on the server, it's on each PC's C: drive.

So it's not a big deal. I was just trying to figure out on one of those PCs which version and actual copy of the dll was being used. I should probably move the dll to the server.

Thanks,

Corey

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,010 Views)