LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-4071 Verification Procedure, Step 5

I am using LabView 2011 SP1 (32bit) on Win7U64bit.

I am trying to work my way through the "Verification Procedure" part of the "NI PXI-4071 Calibration Procedure". Step 5 of the procedure indicates the LabVIEW Code indicated in Figure 6.

I constructed the code in Figure 7. Though " NIDMM_VAL_GREATER_THAN_10_GIGAOHM" was recommended for the input parameter to the Input Resistance Property Node, The Left-Click  created constant's menu listed the options in Figure 8 which are different. Accepting the "Greater than 10 G Ohm" option and running the code yielded the error in Figure 9. Steps 1 through 4 of the "Verification Procedure" were completed successfully prior to attempting step 5. How can I make this code work?

Also, Is this "Verification Procedure" code prewritten and available somewhere that I can Access?

Thank you,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,164 Views)

Additional Attachment

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,162 Views)

Hi Ed,

By default, autorange is enabled on the 4071.  This causes the DMM to determine which of the available ranges is best for the signal that is being applied to its input terminals.  The Input Resistance can only be set to "Greater Than 10 G Ohm"when you are in the 100 mV, 1V, or 10 V range as described here

The reason that you were getting error -1074135024 is because with autorange enabled the driver won't allow you to set an input resistance that isn't supported on all ranges.  This article describes this behavior further.  

If you explicitly set the range to a valid value before setting the Input Resistance property node, autorange will be disabled and you should no longer get the error.  You can also set the range using the "Range" input on the niDMM Config Measurement function.

At this time, code for the 4071 verification procedure is not available.

Good luck!

Regards,

Jared R.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,136 Views)

The "Verifications Procedure" step 5 Indicates that the 'Instrument Handel In' comes from niDMM_init as shown in Figure 6 and not from 'niDMM Configure Measurement Digits'.  It would be nice if the Verifications procedure had Figure 12 on step 5 instead of Figure 6.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,115 Views)