LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-845x Driver Update

I have just updated my LabVIEW 2020 to LabVIEW 2021 in order to open a colleague's code and work on it (both versions are still on my PC). That worked fine, but when I went to open my 2020 code, whether it was in LabVIEW 2021 or 2020, as LabVIEW is loading the vi, it could not find my ni-845x drivers/libraries/vi's even though I confirmed I have all of those on my PC.

It seems I have to go into all of my vi's and replace the configure/close ni-845x vi's with the new ones manually on the palette (again confirming they do exist).

Is there any way to update device drivers/vi's without having to go back into all my code and replace these updated vi's manually?

-Will

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,142 Views)

I also tried to point to the correct path while loading and got this message (attached) and I don't understand why these paths are different or what the angle brackets imply in the first path.

-Will

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,115 Views)

Please attach the VI for us to try - if we couldn't reproduce it, it might be a messed up configuration on your computer.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,094 Views)

It may be little more than notifying you that something subtle changed in the Folder hierarchy between LabVIEW 2020 and LabVIEW 2021 for this Library.  Does it work?  If so, you might not need to worry about it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,045 Views)

Santhosh,

Here is some code to read an I2C device (Sensirion SFM3019 flow sensor). All of the NI-845x I2C vi's have a question mark and the paths cannot be found until I manually point them to each location.

Bob,

I just wonder why LabVIEW wouldn't automatically change the paths if it updates the files...

And does what work? LV 2021? The program itself works I just have to tell it where all of the 845x vi's are manually.

-Will

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,038 Views)

@Will.I.am613 wrote:

The program itself works I just have to tell it where all of the 845x vi's are manually.

Will,

Feel free to adapt this VI I wrote to "find DAQmx Devices" for me.  This particular version is looking for the first 6001 that it finds (note the code to find a specific (by serial ID) unit has been "commented out" by having the equality test replaced by "True").  In some cases, I don't stop on "First Find", but let it run through and present me with a Choice ("Which Camera do you want to use?").

Find DAQ Device.png

Oops, I posted without attaching, then found I'd already saved a Snippet (which didn't exactly match the version I was going to attach, so some of the description above is "for the other version").  Talk about your Absent-minded Professor ... 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,026 Views)

@Bob, looks like you misunderstood the OP's issue, the issue is the 845x driver dependencies are not automatically picked up in LV2020/2021

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,018 Views)