LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9214 Temperature Calibratoin

I have a NI 9214 DAQ that I'd like to perform a temperature calibration on.  I noticed that if my temperature range is from 0 to 100C, the SW requires me to test both bounds of the temperature range.  However, my temperature standards are 0 and 95C.  Is there a way that I can get the software to accept that my 2 point calibration is not at the bounds of my measurement temperature range and to just extrapolate out the 2 point calibration curve?  I'm using the example code for continuous thermocouple DAQ measurements.  

How do I configure a 2 point calibration from 0-95C for a range of 0-100C?  If I do this in DAQmX, will this still work in my VI (which doesn't use express VIs)?  Or do I have to programmatically apply the 2 point calibration to the output data?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,422 Views)

Hi sonun,

I wanted to ask you some clarifying questions.

1. Are you trying to do an external calibration of you device?

2. Are you trying to create a table of prescale/postscale values?

3. What type of thermocouple are you using?

Also, any screenshots of your code are helpful.

Taylor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,368 Views)

Hi

1. Are you trying to do an external calibration of you device? Yes, I am placing the thermocouples in controlled temperature settings (water bath + ice) and measuring the difference. 

2. Are you trying to create a table of prescale/postscale values?  Yes. but I would like to do this for a full load of 16 thermocouples

3. What type of thermocouple are you using?  Type T

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,348 Views)

Hey sonun,

It seems as though you're wanting to create a custom scale for your application.  I'm including a snippet of a possible solution that you could implement in your code.  I'm a little confused though since the DAQmx VIs that you're using should account for the T type thermocouple that you're using.  Take a look at the image and try creating a custom scale that will represent your 0 to 95 degree C range.

Taylor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,320 Views)