cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI DAQ driver for multiple LabVIEW versions

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi ,

I have installed LV 8.0 and LV8.6 in my PC. I have installed DAQ 8.8 and it is getting detected in LV 8.6 and not in LV 8.0. So i tried to install  DAQ 8.6 which supports LV 8.0.While installing it is showing up that a higher version of DAQ driver is already installed .

I want the DAQmx functions in LV8.0.

Is uninstalling the higher version of DAQ the only option??

Anyone outthere  faced this type of issue?

Thanks,

Niju

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,630 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Frabto
Yes, you will need to uninstall the higher version. The drivers don't work simultaneously with multiple version as LabVIEW does.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,625 Views)

I can understand why the drivers might not be able to co-exist, however, it seems unusual that LabVIEW 8 has been abandonned in the newer DAQmx without even a simulator placeholder for the deactivated files.

I would like a set of DAQmx drivers that allow LabVIEW8 VIs to open without error, but only a warning that the DAQmx drivers are simulated.  There will be a lot of LabVIEW 8 VIs supported well into the future, and this support is along side newer version of LabVIEW on the same development machine. 

A work around, or possible better solution, is having a utility that would switch DAQmx versions between the various LabVIEWs on demand and quickly.  This feature is has been provided for switching versions of TestStand for years.  It is time to provide it for DAQmx.

NI developers and managers are you listenning?

Thank You

Robert Thebert

Certified LabVIEW Architect

Supporting LabVIEW7 through LabVIEW10SP1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,326 Views)

Sounds like a good IDEA...

I suspect this type of thing is very non-trivial for NI though so i wouldn't get your hopes up for a quick solution. Smiley Sad

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,319 Views)