LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx and LabVIEW Compatibility

Hi,

I am struggling to find compatibility for 'NI-DAQmx LabVIEW Compatibility 17-Jan-24' for the version of software I am working with for a client. The version of the labview I have to use is 5.0.1 (from approx 1999) and DAQ card PCI-MIO-16E-4 (0XAEA8A1) with MAX configuration manager version 2.1.3.14.

The reason I am looking for this is that I am getting an 'Error - 10403 occurred at AI Group config' error popping up when I run one of my .vi files. I suspect it may be due to an incorrect or incompatible driver version.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(200 Views)

Here is the link I would usually give:  NI DAQ Hardware Supported in Version of LabVIEW - NI

It has links to all the compatibility charts at the bottom.  However, I looked and none of the info goes back to LabVIEW 5.0 and the old PCI-MIO cards.

You may need to contact NI support...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(197 Views)

According to my LabVIEW 5.0 manuals it ships with NI-DAQ 6.0 for Win95, NT, and Power Macintosh.

Found that version it on here:

https://download.ni.com/#support/daq/pc/ni-daq/6.0/

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(182 Views)

Of note: LabVIEW 5.x predates the DAQmx driver.  You need to use the legacy driver sometimes known as "traditional NI-DAQ".

Also of note: unlike DAQmx, traditional NI-DAQ did NOT support parallel access to the driver.  So if you called a Read function that needed to wait to accumulate samples, it would block any other code from interacting with the driver and DAQ hardware until it completed.   Just to forewarn you if all your habits were developed under DAQmx where parallel access has always been supported.  It was a key factor in making me a somewhat early adopter of DAQmx.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(157 Views)

Another issue: NI-DAQ 6.x almost certainly can't be installed on any modern Windows system. Even Windows XP is probably a big stretch. The latest NI-DAQ version is 7.4.1 and that was never officially released. 7.4 does not support 64-bit OSes at all. 7.4.1 added some 64-bit support but was never released since that part was prelimenary.

The latest NI-DAQ version supporting LabVIEW 5.0 and 5.1 is version 6.9.3. It only officially supports Windows 2000 and is the first version to add XP support, anything newer is most likely a roulette game and 64-bit OSes are totally out of question.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(107 Views)