LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX crashes when I want to see a trace view

Hello,

I get a NI Max - crash when I want to view a trace view which was created before.
In detail:
I create a trace view and add some items, then I display the traces - all is good.
I go to Add/Remove traces and add some traces. When I want to display - nothing has changed, the new traces are not displayed, but no crash happens.
When I leave my trace view and want to come back - Max crashes, it doesn't hang, it is just left.
The same crash appears, when I want to see an old Trace view.
I can't delete old trace views, because I get the crash whenever I click to a Trace view.
I use LabVIEW DSC 8.20

Anyone else with these problems and help?
Thank You
Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,373 Views)

Hello Thomas,

I've never heard about a problem like that before.
I think there is only a problem with the installation.

So please try to reinstall your software.

But before reinstalling the NI products, please deinstall the NI Software with the tool MSI Blast.
This tool will delete important windows registry entries.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Dippi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,353 Views)
Hello Dippi, I don't think I have a Installation Problem, because: I have the same error on two brandnew Computers with 8.20 installed without Problems. Nothing of NI was installed before. The same on an elder Machine, also with 8.20. And even on my old 7.0 Version on a 4th Computer I get this error. On all Computers runs XP Professional. On all Computers I have no Problems with other Citadel 5.0 Databases. Try the attached Database. Thank you for helping Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,347 Views)
Hello Thomas,

it seems that this is a very strange problem.

Are you using a local database on every computer?

Are you using only ONE installation CD for all computers or ONE for every computer?

Do you have single workstation computers or are they connected via ethernet / LAN ?

best regards
Dippi
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,337 Views)
Hello Dippi,

the problem appears with one Database from one Computer in a Network of a Company.
The Data come from a Building Automation OPC-Server on another Computer in this Network.

I make Archives of this Database and transfer them to our University. There I have a LAN, but every Computer
where i tried to read the Database with MAX has a Stand Alone Installation of LabVIEW.
And I installed the Archive as a local Database.

Best Regards
Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,331 Views)
I forgot to mention, that we have a campus License, I used the same DVD for all Computers on the Campus.
But the Comany where the Database is written has a own License and another DVD.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,329 Views)