LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXIe-5110

I am using a NI PXI chassis 1084, with thunderbolt card NI PXIe 8301 that has NI PXIe 5110 and NI PXIe 4137 . The NI Scope Card PXIe-5110 in the chassis can be seen in the NI Max, but the option to self test and other additional information like the External calibration on the right pane ( in NI Max) is missing. When I try to communicate with the instrument thru LabVIEW I got insufficient resource info error. The NI Scope Soft panel recognizes the instrument but doesn't acquire any data. I uninstalled and reinstalled all the NI drivers and still same issue. Resetting NI Max configuration didn't help. When I connect the PXI chassis to a different system, I was able to see the the information related to the Scope and also communicate with it, but doesn't work on the system it is connected to. Any help on identifying this issue is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(117 Views)

Are you using a desktop?

Does your PC have an integrated Thunderbolt port integrated into the motherboard?

See some useful links:

Connect PXIe System With Thunderbolt™ Interface Card

Cannot See PXIe Chassis When Using Thunderbolt

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(85 Views)

hi

Thanks for the tips. Yes I am using a rack mount workstation and unfortunately with an add on thunderbolt card. I have other NI PXIe instruments that work fine and even the scope was working fine until a few days ago. The issue started after a reboot of the system. Again, the rest of NI PXie cards work just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(54 Views)