LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI cRIO 9049 reboots when running RT application as a startup rtexe

Hi all,

I am using cRIO 9049 for my application. I am facing cRIO reboot issue when i am running application as a startup app. Same software works perfectly fine when i run that through RT Launcher.

I checked CPU usage when running though LabVIEW development software, its ~45-50%, also there is enough memory on cRIO.

I am using LV2021

Any thoughts, why this could be happening?

Thanks and Regards,

Ashwini A Pandit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(201 Views)

Just to clarify, you need to reboot the RT target when you deploy and set a startup RTEXE from LabVIEW ADE for the startup setting to take place.

Are you saying that your cRIO keeps rebooting? How long it will run before rebooting? 10 mins?

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(173 Views)

Thank you ZYOng for response.

cRIO reboots once I deploy my .rtxe as it supposed to be. but after that within one-minute cRIO reboots and keep on rebooting.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(135 Views)

It sounds like the cRIO crashed due to the memory leak. Try to log and monitor the memory usage. See Error -2147220623: Largest Memory Block Property Does Not Exist

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(131 Views)

Thank you ZYOng.

I monitored memory while its running through development system, it's quite low. Also monitored memory when its running as a rtexe, I didn't see any surge in memory.

Article link given by you, recommended trying disabling 'Embedded UI option', when i disabled it, cRIO is not rebooting.

But for debugging purpose, i need to see what's happening in my VIs, is there any other way than disabling 'Embedded Ui' option?

Also, I still don't understand what's wrong with my cRIO.

Regards,

Ashwini A Pandit

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(106 Views)

Try checking Error Log File for My Real-Time Controller Crashes

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(102 Views)

Thanks, ZYOng.

I am getting error when I try to open error log using NI MAX, but I managed to fetch LV Error file from /var/local/natinst/log folder. Please see attached screenshot, it says 'address not mapped to object'. I found similar issue's post on forum: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/cRIO-9068-segmentation-fault/td-p/4063417 but it is unresolved.

Does anyone know about this Error?

AshwiniWini_0-1715747093007.png

After digging more log files, I found Kernel error file (Please find Attached). Can you please tell me, what could be the reason for reboot?

Thanks, and regards,

Ashwini A Pandit

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(87 Views)