LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need clarification on the addition of device driver in Installer

I am a newbie and am building my first application (LabView 8.5.1) and need an installer with everything in it. I am unclear about what is needed for the device drivers for the DAQ board. I am using a USB6009 OEM NI DAQ.

Do I need to include the NI-DAQmx 8.7 that I see in the Additional Installers section of the Installer builder? Were the device drivers included in the original application build or do I also need to include the driver somewhere in the installer? I see under "Hardware Configuration" in the Installer builder that I can include a "Hardware Configuration File" but I am not clear on how to do that or if it is needed. Is that how the driver gets included? 

Please  also explain how to ensure that the hardware is attached (via USB) at the proper time for the installation process or can that take place anytime after the installation.

I am building the application on a system with Windows 2000 but the target machines will most likely be XP, is that an issue?

I am a Chemist and not an Engineer so you need to use small words or define any big words that I have not used above.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,982 Views)
Yes, you need to add DAQmx to your Installer for Supporting of your device on target PC.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,981 Views)