cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network stream error 314004

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,
I am having some trouble with network streams and was hoping someone could help me find the problem.

Just before I start, I have had the stream working and the same problem arouse but it seemed to fix itself after restarting and trying again. Unfortunately restarting doesn’t seem to be doing the trick at the moment and I have the feeling this might be a deeper-rooted issue that my knowledge of network streams doesn’t cover.

I am using a network stream to pass data from the RT to the Host PC. The problem is the data is not arriving from the network stream on the Host PC. When I run highlighted execution the program seems to be stopping after the “Create Network Stream Reader Endpoint” block. I changed the timeout period to a definite time period (it was initially indefinite) and read out the error that occurred after the period was over, the error code was 314004. This typically occurs when the connection between the network endpoints cannot be established. I had a look on the NI website for possible fixes but from what I could see most of the fixes were for a network stream that hadn’t run before and seeing as mine has run they couldn’t (shouldn’t) be the problem.

I am using cRIO 9056 with a separate network card with static IP. I have also attached the relevant VI's below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(874 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author philck

I don't see anything "obvious".  For what it is worth, I have two VIs, one on the Host and one on the Target, that initialize Network Streams.  The one on the Target tries to create the Target's Network Streams with a timeout of 15 seconds (arbitrary).  It runs inside a While Loop, and exits only if (all of) the connections succeed.  Otherwise, it clears the Error and tries again.

On the Host side, I also use a 15 second TimeOut, but run the Host code in a For Loop for (up to) 3 iterations, using the cleared Error Line as a signal that the Stream has been established (otherwise the Host "gives up" and sends the User a polite message saying the Target is not available).

Have you tried to "ping" your Remote Target?  Are you sure the Network itself is functioning between Host and Target?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(822 Views)

Thank you for your quick reply Bob and apologies for my late one. I have implimented your solution with the loops on Host and RT and it has solved the problem.

Thank you very much for your help,

Kind regards

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(808 Views)