LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Labivew ? Try Chat GPT

I see many questions on this forum as new to LabVIEW. I found good start guidelines from Chat GPT. It may not solve some problems but will give a good start. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,679 Views)

I've found that the answers are often wrong, but I am sure they will improve in the next decades. 😄

Message 2 of 7
(1,655 Views)

I use ChatGPT for brainstorming quite a bit. But to be sure what it is telling you is correct, you need some basic knowledge first. I often find myself asking  ChatGPT, your previous response gave X as result and your latest is Y for the same question, which one is correct? This could be a problem for someone who is just starting.

I think this forum has more reliable and detailed information for anyone who is starting on LabVIEW. altenbach, crossrluz, JPB, GredW, Kevin Price, Rolf, Terry Ale and many more has covered most of what one needs. Just use google the right key words and one will find answers of most of their problems and if not available, they will be answered by one of these.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,625 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I've found that the answers are often wrong, but I am sure they will improve in the next decades. 😄

I expect that the relative scarcity of training data will result in these chatbots hallucinating often.  I tried to get something (forgot what) and it suggested a property that doesn't exist.  When I called it out on it, it apologized and agreed that the property didn't exist and suggested something else similarly useless.

Now Python is a different story...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 7
(1,532 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

I expect that the relative scarcity of training data will result in these chatbots hallucinating often.  I tried to get something (forgot what) and it suggested a property that doesn't exist.  When I called it out on it, it apologized and agreed that the property didn't exist and suggested something else similarly useless.

reminds me of the following:

ChatGPT is getting 'dumber'? Here's what Stanford researchers say

it's like using google suggesting results which are related to your browsing history (e.g. bookmarks, previous search results, open tabs, .... )

so, always use chatgpt in a freshly installed version of your favorit internet browser 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,524 Views)

or you can wait for Nigel

CY (expired CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,428 Views)

Be careful, some companies frown on using AI to do your work.

(Earlier this year)
There has been intense interest in recent weeks on the growing concerns about security risks presented by generative artificial intelligence (AI) platforms, such as ChatGPT for work related purposes. (My company) is reviewing security measures to create a secure environment for safely using generative AI to enhance employees productivity and efficiency, but until the measures have been agreed upon, (My company) is temporarily restricting the use of generative AI tools on all Company owned networks and devices. For employees using personal devices for work related activities please adhere to this guidance while the restriction is in place when conducting work related activities.

(Just recently)

Following the decision in Q1 to temporarily ban the use of generative AI technology, the business has worked to establish a path for employees to request access to use these technologies. After providing proper business justification and completing the associated training modules requests will be sent to the appropriate Executive Leader and the Legal Department for approval.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 7 of 7
(1,202 Views)