LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No coms ports in VISA resource name on VISA resource name VI but I can see COM4 it in my devise manager.

I am trying to use a USB to RS232 device. I can see COM4 it in my devise manager but nothing in VISA resource name on VISA resource name, even when I hit refresh.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,728 Views)

Hello Dan,

Can you please share some more details of your converter like make, model etc...

Previously I work with the same converter these converter come along with the driver CD. If your drivers are not correctly installed or some configuration is required then this will not come to your VISA resource name. For cross verification do one thing check on hyperterminal and see the port availability on hyper terminal.

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,716 Views)

Hi both,

Actually I am trying this kind of communication in LabVIEW Mobile Module.

I am using emulator mode only , and not able to establish any serial communication.

And I think when we are using the converter then the driver support should be there for both the devices.

I want to communicate to a Fluke meter (like 8808A) via Windows mobile !!

I am learning now, thats why don't have much knowledge about all this.

Regards,

Runjhun Agarwal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,710 Views)

Ive tryed two different usb to rs232, one is from staples and and installed from the CD the other one I got the drivers on line and I can see them both in device drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,688 Views)

If you can see the device in Windows Device Manger, that is a good sign.  The next step is to recognize the device in Measurement & Automation Explorer, then ultimately LabVIEW.  The following two knowledge base articles should point you in the right direction:

How Can I Communicate With a Device Using NI-VISA USB RAW Mode

USBTMC and How Can I Communicate with My USB Instrument

Regards,

Alexander M,

Applications Engineer

National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,671 Views)