cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not seeing block diagram when opening vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

This is trivial but frustrating. When I open a vi I see the front panel, and then have to press ctrl E to see the block diagram.

Can anyone tell me if there a way of opening the vi and seeing both the front panel and block diagram immediately ?

Many thanks,

Message 1 of 6
(18,226 Views)

Press control when you double click the sub-vi and that will open both the FP with the diagram on top. On windoze

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(18,217 Views)

Note that the above only applies to opening VIs from the block diagram of another VI. It does not work when opening VIs from the file system or from projects/libraries. For alternate solutions, see page 2 of this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(18,208 Views)

OK ! I can see this question has occupied quite a few people in the past.

The concensus seems to be that using File, Open it is not possible to open both the Front Panel and Block Diagram, but when I open the Tutorial, this is exactly what happens !

See New vi from Template, Tutorial, Generate and Display.

Is there something special about the NI Tutorial examples ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(18,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Placebo

@Placebo wrote:

Is there something special about the NI Tutorial examples ?

No, but there is about the dialog window. That's a custom window (a LabVIEW VI, actually) that creates a new VI from a template, and then uses the VI Server to automatically open the block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(18,144 Views)

I understand. Probably using CTRL T is as easy as anything. Thanks for you help.

Message 6 of 6
(18,125 Views)