cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric Row Height Value Fixed but Different

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

On my front panel, I have a 1D array (column) of Numerics next to a 1D array (column) of strings. I need them to line up. I believe that the row height for numerics is not changeable, but for strings you can change it.

Here is my problem, on different PCs I have found that the numeric row heights have different fixed values. On my development PC (LabVIEW 2011, 32 bit), the row height is 22 pixels. On all other test PCs (also LabVIEW 2011, 32 bit) the row height is 20 pixels. I need the arrays to line up on all PCs, but it looks different.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,155 Views)

"Get Text rect.vi"will tell you how big the bounding rectangle is for text rendered using the font you choose while also concidering "Bold" etc.

Using that function should give you a way of dtermining how large the text ends-up being and then you JUST* have to sett all of the proeprties to match.

Ben

* yes, the word "JUST" is a four letter word in my book as well.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sarahwal

The height of numeric controls and indicators are based on the font used for it.  Strings have their height independendtly settable.

On these different PC's, are you using different operating systems?

See this thread and some others.

What you need to do is define the font for the strings and numerics to be a specific font that is present on all operating systems and do not use "system" or "application" font which is based on the current settings in the operating system

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,152 Views)

Defining the font has fixed my problem!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,146 Views)