LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Block Diagram in Subpanel

Yes, this has halted our upgrade to LV 8.6 since we use a lot of subpanels in our large projects, too. Unfortunately, we won't be able to benefit from other fixes in LV 8.6.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(2,206 Views)

HI Andrew,

Could you please post the CAR#  So I can track it?

Thank you!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(2,205 Views)

Hi Ben,

The CAR ID is #124113. 

National Instruments
RIO Embedded Hardware PSE

CompactRIO Developers Guide
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(2,189 Views)
How do you track a CAR?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(2,178 Views)

Sima wrote:
How do you track a CAR?

There are two ways of answering that Q.

1) When you have a CAR# you can contact NI Support or your local rep and ask them to update you on the CAR#. They will provide whatever info they can.

2) The Champion's Way

a) Post half a zillion replies to one of the public forums

b) Apply to be LabVIEW Champion

c) Apply again next year Smiley Mad

d) Repeat step a-c until you become accepted. Smiley Very Happy

e) Sign a super-secret NDA agreement to the rights of your first born Smiley Surprised

f) Get chummy with the head of LV R&D Smiley Tongue

g) Ask him for an update (in which case I get the same info that is available using method #1 but LabVIEW Champions have the opertunity to influence (NOT control) the priority assigned to a bug)

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 15 of 27
(2,175 Views)
You can also do what my boss is talking about, and start to look at other programming packs and try to move away from labview completely.  
Message Edited by Zinnium on 01-23-2009 03:59 PM
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(2,161 Views)
OK. I was aware of being able to call NI support. I thought there might be something online. I'm not a LabVIEW Champion so I'll stick to dialing for now Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(2,124 Views)
Hello Everyone,

NI has identified 2 workarounds for this known issue. See AE KB 4TRDL561: "Open Block Diagram" Does Nothing in LabVIEW 8.6 Subpanel Control.

The Corrective Action Request (CAR) number is 124113.

Feel free to contact NI Support to track the status of the CAR. Ben, thank you for the step-by-step instructions 🙂

Cheers,
Message Edited by DjDaveNI on 01-29-2009 01:01 PM
David G
Sales Engineer - SE Michigan & N Ohio
National Instruments
Message 18 of 27
(2,063 Views)

Hi, I agree with Cepera. I'm using subpanels and embedded VIs. I upgraded my project from Labview 8.5 to Labview 8.6 and now I am unable to open block diagrams with a simple right click while running. I can not debug my application anymore. I will now have to downgrade to Labview 8.5. What a loss of time.

What a mistake in your release! It is not a simple little problem, it is a big issue having many implications in my development. I'm really not happy with that.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(1,999 Views)

Smiley Indifferent The workaround is not convenient, particularly for a large number of subpanels. If you don't know that there is a problem or where the problem is yet, you'd have modify your code, open up multiple subpanels in advance, then invoke the run method for the subpanels. This needs a fix fast.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(1,988 Views)