LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order.dll and executables

Hello,

When I run my executable, my user-defined VIs that use OAT VIs cannot run and subsequently complains about missing OAT VIs.  In the dependencies of my build spec, Order.dll shows up with a question mark beside it.  I verified that Order.dll does exist in my system32 directory.

Can anyone help me out, please?

Thanks for your time,
Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,624 Views)
Do you have the OAT Runtime Engine installed for your built executable? From the Readme:

Redistributing Executable Order Analysis Applications

If you are redistributing the Order Analysis Toolkit or any of its components, you are required to purchase the appropriate Order Analysis Toolkit Run-Time License from National Instruments. The part number for the Order Analysis Toolkit Run-Time License, One User is 778395-01.

To distribute application executable built with the Order Analysis VIs, you need to install the Order Analysis Toolkit Run-Time Engine on the target machine. The Order Analysis Toolkit Run-Time Engine is located in the Runtime folder on the installation CD. Run the OAT-RT.exe program in that folder to install the Run-Time Engine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,621 Views)
smercurio...,

Thanks for the information.  However, as it is right now, my development and target machine are the same.  In other words I'm still in development, but I wanted to make sure the executable would build and run correctly, which it does not.

Just for fun, I tried reinstalling the OAT runtime.  It appears to have installed with no errors, but in my dependency list I still see Order.dll with a question mark beside it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,614 Views)
For anyone who is interested, after spending some time on the phone with a couple of AEs at NI, a solution has been found.

My code contains many subVIs that I wrote.  One of those subVIs calls several order analysis toolkit VIs.  Neither my subVI nor the order analysis VIs were being called dynamically, that is, the icon for the VIs are placed directly on the block diagram (no "by reference" calls to lauch the VIs).

For some reason, it is necessary to add the subVI, that I wrote, that calls the order analysis VIs, to the "dynamic VI and support files" section in the build specification properties.  After doing this and rebuilding the executable it works fine.  The reason for this could not be explained and is, presumably, not understood.

I'll take it as a "peculiarity of LabVIEW" lesson learned.

Thanks,
Chris  
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,581 Views)