cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output constants for Case Structures

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a pretty basic question regarding case structures in labview. As shown in the attachment below, using the case structure I'm pretty much trying to create a three way switch. I am trying to output a value to the first(In Range and Coerce) and another value to the second. So [5 0] for case 0, [0 0] for case 1 and case 2 [0 5]. However when I try to connect all them up, a broken line pops up.

How can I do this without an error?

Thanks

Justin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,518 Views)

It would help if you had posted the actual VI that you have miswired. From the picture, you just need to connect the '5' to one In Rnage function and the '0' to the other. Wire the values in the other cases to the exit tunnels. I don't understand why you are using the In Range function and not just wiring the values from the case statement directly to the DAQmx Write.

Your VI has a fatal flaw though. You cannot have two separate DAQmx Writes. You must combine the channesl into a single task and use a single DAQmx Write.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-02-2010 12:51 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,496 Views)
how would I be able to do that, I've been actually trying to combine the two into one without much luck, just a lot of errors. I will attach the VI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,486 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Justin Lin
Something like this perhaps? You'll have to modify the task in MAX as well.
Message 4 of 4
(2,469 Views)