Solved!
Go to solution

Has anyone used LongPath Tool?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(177 Views)

@fletcherana wrote:

Has anyone used LongPath Tool?

No, it’s mostly a spamvertised tool by pseudo posts like yours, although you seem to have refrained from adding a spam link to your post!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(172 Views)

I am not spamming the messages, I just needed review of it. Since, on almost every site, I found that it was a great tool. That's why, I am asking it here. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(165 Views)

Well it used to be very spamvertised in the past and there are other completely free tools out there doing the same feat without needing to spamvertise it. That you post with a new account with no other posts than about this tool doesn’t help the impression. It’s also not LabVIEW related at all.

And if you want to do it in LabVIEW, you can install the OpenG ZIP Library  through VIPM. The newest release contains a complete Advanced File IO palette that will happily work with long path names as long as the underlaying filesystem supports. And it's completely free as in free beer.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 14 of 17
(147 Views)

Thank you but aren't you advertising the tool? I am confused.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(95 Views)

@fletcherana wrote:

Thank you but aren't you advertising the tool? I am confused.

You mean the OpenG Zip library? Well, lets see! Yes I developed it, starting somewhere around 2000 or so, it is open source and freely available to anyone wanting to use it in LabVIEW. So yeah I guess I might be advertising it, but I would consider it a difference to mention it as an option for whoever wants to use it, than to post some random messages on various forums to spamvertise a commercial tool.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 16 of 17
(83 Views)
Oh, okay Rolf. Thank you for the clarification.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(52 Views)