LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlay single point on multiplot XY graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to build a VI that places multiple plots on an XY graph, and then calculates a certain point based on user inputs and then overlays that point on the graph. If anybody is familiar with the Moody diagram, I want the VI to plot the diagram, then calculate a friction factor and overlay it on the diagram. So far, I'm only able to get it to either generate the diagram or plot the single point, but not both. Can anybody offer me any suggestions? I'm using 17.0

Edit: To be more specific, what I'm doing is creating two clusters of two 1D arrays, and then building array of those clusters and attempting to plot them. Is this possible/the correct way to do this?

Also, "Moody Chart" is the main VI where the issue is. The other two are just subVIs.

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,615 Views)

To be more specific, what I'm doing is creating two clusters of two 1D arrays, and then building array of those clusters and attempting to plot them. Is this possible/the correct way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,601 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmills94

RIght-click the "built array" right before the graph terminal and select "concatenate inputs". (That will get rid of the broken wire at least)

I don't see why the bottom part of the code should even be inside the loops. Doesn't it always create the same output?

For the plot with the single point, you also need to select a style that contains points. It will not show if you only show lines. Change the first plot to points and wire it accordingly

Message 3 of 5
(2,576 Views)

Here's what I had in mind. Since you have integer powers of two, you might use "scale by power of two" instead.

RE1.png

Message 4 of 5
(2,575 Views)

That worked perfectly, thanks so much!

My reasoning for including it in the loop was mainly inexperience. When I had it outside the loop, bundled it, and then tried to build an array out of that and the other clustered array, I would get a broken wire since they were different sizes. It looks like the way you've done it here is much more efficient, though, so thank you for that as well!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,545 Views)