cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6220 installation problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am having problems in installing a PCI 6220. The card was installed a couple of years ago on a PC and seldom used. I removed it from it and connected to a new PC (Intel core i3, 2,93 GHz, Windows7). After installing the card on the new PC at first I could read the PCI6220 name under "Devices and interfaces" (in the MAX program) but I´d been unable to define it as a device. I tried therefore to remove the card and plug it again and now the situation is even worse, I can only see a "PXI system unidentified" again in the MAX program.

Any clue about what´s wrong and what can I do to be sure the card is working properly? As a reference I have to connect the box to a CA-1000 box containing a CB-68LPR device.

Thanks in advance,

G.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,074 Views)

What version of NI DAQmx shows up in MAX under the Software tree?  Are you running the Windows 7 machine in XP compatability mode?  (the Windows XP Virtual machine does NOT have exposure to the PCI bus and could cause this problem)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,068 Views)

1) NI DAQmx 8.6.0f5.

2) The machine has Windows 7 professional that was the only version installed(it´s a new machine), no XP should be involved.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,064 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author galemago1

Install newest DAQmx-Drivers (9.3) for your PCI, this could help.

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2337

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,047 Views)

Hello. I'm having the same problem installing PCI 6220 on a windows 7 (32 bit) machine. I am using Labview 8.0.

Here is what I did:

Installed Labview 8.0 and drivers. Labview opens and I can program, The DAQ assistant can not find my device.

I open MAX, none of the devices are displayed.

If i download driver 9.5.5 for daqmx i cannot instal because labview 8 is not compatible.

How can i fix this problem, or what drivers for DAQmx should i download.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,977 Views)