LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXA N9030A

Hi,

I downloaded the driver for PXA N9030A and started using it. However, the driver is available only in Spectrum Anyalyzer mode. I'd to use the other modes like: 89601 VSA  mode to make some measurements, but I can't

Can anybody help or show me the work around solution to this issue? Thanks

Phong
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,880 Views)

Hi phongn,

Are you using LabVIEW to make your measurments and which version of the instrument driver have you installed?

When searchning for the N9030A drivers in ni.com/idnet I found these drivers: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=17603

I would reccomend using the project-style driver most relevant to your application (mxa, noise, vxa, lte, wcdma, or gsm)

If I understand correctly, 89601 is a piece of software developed by Agilent. Are you asking if it is possible to interface the Agilent 89601 software with LabVIEW? Are the modes available in the instrument driver for your application not what you are looking for?

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,852 Views)

Hi Milan,

Thanks for answering my question.

Yes, 89601 is a piece of software developed by Agilent to let the user to use it on PXA N9030A Analyzer as an alternative to obsolete Vector Signal Analyzer VSA 89441.

Yes, I'm asking if it is possible to interface the Agilent 89601 software with LabVIEW?

Only Spectrum Analyzer mode is available with this project-style driver which dowloaded from: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=3E3412EF63953891E0440003BA7CCD...

You will see the driver support only spectrum mode

Phong

Phong
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,843 Views)

The driver supports the instrument and it's functions. If you want to replicate the software, you can do so with the driver and some custom LabVIEW code. To interface to the 89601 software which works with a variety of spectrum analyzers, see this.

Message 4 of 8
(3,837 Views)

HI Phong,

Looking at the MXA series driver that is referenced, I see multiple modes available in the example titled "Agilent MXA Series Acquire Measurement.vi".

The Configure Measurment Type.VI, in the block diagram, has a constant called Measurement Type that can be changed to the following: Swept SA, Channel Power (the spectrum mode), Occupied Bandwidth, Power Stat CCDF, Adjacent Channel Power, Burst Power, Spurious Emissions, Spectrum Emmision Mask, List Sweep

Are these the different modes you might be looking for?

There have been attempts to create an interface to the Agilent 89601 software by other users in the forum here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Agilent-89601A-labview-drivers/td-p/324224

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,834 Views)

Haha!

Dennis Knutson beat me to it. Smiley Happy

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,832 Views)

Hi Milan,

The mode is not the measurement type.

The mode is: Spectrum Analyer, 89601 VSA, Phase, Burst and so one which is not available under the driver.

Thanks

Phong

Phong
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,825 Views)

Controlling/interfacing to the 89601 application is really outside the scope of an instrument driver. You will have to write this yourself.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,818 Views)