LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern Matching

I am trying to convert a dot peen image taken by camera to binary image. The output binary image does not show consistent circles as each dot in image has different threshold values. Does anyone know if there is a way to make all these dots/holes consistent or of same size? Attached is an image for reference. Left image is original image and right image is after binary conversion but I want to make all the black marks to be equal size (either circle or square).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(666 Views)

I am working on a program to highlight all dot peen holes in black color with everything rest as white background. Attached image shows all the holes highlighted but I am not sure how to convert this image to have all highlighted places filled with black color squares and rest area to be completely white (white background). Please let me know if anybody has any suggestions. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(669 Views)

Hi VeMo,

For Vision Related queries, Please post here https://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/bd-p/200 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(612 Views)

Thank you. I will post on Machine Vision dashboard today evening. System is not allowing me to post it right now because I am a new user and I can only post twice in 24 hours. 

What I am looking for is:

I have an image of dot peen pattern generated on a metal plate (image 1) attached. I want to convert it to look like image 3 or image 4 attached. To complete the task I was able to highlight the dots/holes in the image 1 via a VI that I have as seen in image 2 but now I am not aware of any method to convert image 2 to look like image 3 or image 4. I also have a program to convert gray scale image to binary image as you can see image 1 was converted to binary in image 5 but as you can see it is not exactly what I am looking for (which is like image 3 or image 4). Hope my explanation is making sense. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(568 Views)

you want to calculate how many holes, right ?

Learning from other people
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(534 Views)

No, I already have the total number of holes. I want to make a square/rectangle/circle at each location of the hole (highlighted in image 2) and fill that rectangles with black color and the background to be white. It must looks like image 3 attached. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(489 Views)