LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak Detector

Hello

I'm trying to find all the peaks of a signal to calculate the damping of it, so i just need the amplitud and the # of peaks, the problem is that the "Peak Detector" is not working how i want.

I connected the wires where they should go and it just gave me nonsense, i tried playing with the width and threshold but all stay the same, i saw the example from VI, videos, help, etc but still can't see how this should work or if there is another way to do it.

If anyone could guide me from this i would appreciate it. 

Another thing I would like to ask is if it is possible to change the time form of the signal, ie instead of real time to relative time (0 to 10 second)

Here is the .VI with the signal.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(535 Views)

VI ignores peaks if the fitted amplitude is less than threshold, if your aim is to find number of cycle, you will have to go with a different logic

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(507 Views)

@FCance wrote:

Another thing I would like to ask is if it is possible to change the time form of the signal, ie instead of real time to relative time (0 to 10 second)

The answer for this is to right-click the Chart, go to Properties, and change the Display Format of the Time axis to "Relative Time".  In your case, the range was -3 to 57 s (without running the code).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(457 Views)